Frankfort, IN — At The Farmers Bank, serving our communities is at the core of who we are. Unfortunately this past 18 months, due to COVID-19, a portion of our workforce was sent to work from home, social gatherings were canceled and much of our community outreach efforts were put on hold. We had to get creative! The Farmers Bank 145th Anniversary Pay It Forward campaign provided our employees a way to demonstrate our purpose which is to care, educate, and serve to inspire a better future for all. Now that’s Community Banking with a Capital C!
During the month of the June in celebration of the bank’s 145th anniversary on June 17, 1876, employees were encouraged to team up in groups of two and each team was given $145 to Pay It Forward to someone in need in the communities we serve. Employees were asked to get creative and purchase items and personally deliver them to organizations in the communities we serve. They could not just give cash or gift cards. Employees could combine teams to make a more impactful donation.
“Giving back to the communities that support us has always been a huge part of The Farmers Bank’s philosophy. It’s no secret that this past 18 months has been a challenge for many, it’s truly an honor to be of assistance in these situations and have the opportunity to generate positive change for those around us. I am very proud of our employees and the creativity they used to make a difference.” said Karen F. Gregerson, President and CEO of The Farmers Bank.
Here are the beneficiaries of our gifts. Many of the supplies were also purchased locally, making the gifts twice as impactful.
- Frankfort Fire Department; baby supplies for the Safe Haven Baby Box program
- Thorntown Sugar Creek Art Center; Art Camp supplies
- Frankfort Veterans; flag maintenance
- Clinton County We Care Recovery Home; window blinds
- Mulberry Fire Department; luncheon
- Rossville Volunteer Fire/Police/Ambulance; luncheon
- Frankfort Downtown Square; Free Little Library
- Clinton County Humane Society; Paw Pals program and supplies
- Boone County Humane Society; supplies
- Clinton County Learning Network; Bi-literacy program supplies and leadership program sponsorship
- Lebanon Indiana United Methodist Children’s Home; school supplies, toiletries, towels
- Frankfort Quinton’s House: supplies, toys, snacks, blankets, stuffies, duffle bags
- Kirklin Library; sponsor summer reading program
- Clinton County Boys & Girls Club; bottled water, treats, sponsor a kid’s day
- Frankfort Pregnancy Resource Center; diapers
- Frankfort Blue Ridge Elementary; sponsor book program
- Mulberry Abba’s Place; food for after school program
- Frankfort One80 Resource Center; clothing, journals, Bibles for men in the program
- Noblesville Victory Chapel Church; Kona Ice Truck for vacation bible school
- Frankfort Healthy Communities; Pack ‘n’ Plays for babies to sleep safely
- Sylvia’s Child Advocacy Center; snacks and drinks
The Farmers Bank is a $750 million asset organization chartered in 1876 with headquarters in Frankfort, IN. The Farmers Bank is locally owned and operated with 10 banking offices located in Central Indiana providing retail, business, investment & trust services, mortgage, and electronic banking services. Additional information can be found at www.thefarmersbank.com. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender.