Website The Children's TherAplay Foundation
Volunteer and Development Coordinator
TITLE: Volunteer & Development Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Salary
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 Hours per Week Monday-Friday
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
The Volunteer and Development Coordinator plays a vital role as a part of Children’s TherAplay’s development team. This role is responsible for organizing all aspects of volunteering including recruiting, training new volunteers, and promoting opportunities. The Volunteer and Development Coordinator works closely with all members of the development team, barn staff and the Executive Director to coordinate volunteers, manage donations within our donor database, and ensure proper donor stewardship to ensure operational success for our mission.
- Coordinate individual and group volunteers. Ensure streamlined communications between TherAplay and our pool of volunteers.
- Recruit and provide great customer service to our valuable team of volunteers.
- Communicate with Development Manager and development team about volunteers who you believe would be good donor prospects and help support further relationship development with those volunteers.
- Assist in identifying and coordinating volunteer outreach efforts.
- Plan and coordinate event volunteer needs alongside Event Manager
- Coordinate and manage our internship program.
- Assists in maintaining donor database system through data entry, reporting and analysis.
- Assist in sustaining stewardship plan through acknowledgement letters and donor recognition.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships within the organization and with external partners.
- Demonstrates good judgement and decision-making skills for the purpose of advancing our mission.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be adaptable.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to meet timelines effectively.
- Demonstrates creativity and has a willingness to try new things when planning new campaigns and fundraising efforts.
- Medium to high level of computer proficiency required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- One-year related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- First Aid and CPR (preferred but not mandatory)
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, and phones.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. Events require physical exertion, including lifting boxes and tubs, and loading and unloading supplies.
Located in Carmel, Indiana, The Children’s TherAplay Foundation, Inc. (TherAplay) is a mission driven organization with a team of dedicated employees who work enthusiastically and collaboratively to support the children we serve. If you are interested in being a part of our growing organization and you have a passion for helping build a program, we want to share more information with you!
TherAplay is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the inclusion of and full participation by all persons in the achievement of our mission.
Would you like to learn more about how you can use your skills to impact an extraordinary mission? We would love to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Katie Stratman at Kstratman@childrenstheraplay.org. Please no phone calls.Experience Required:
One-year related experience.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
First Aid and CPR (preferred but not mandatory)
To apply for this job please visit www.childrenstheraplay.org.