Website Teachers Credit Union
Responsible for providing high quality service on a wide variety of general financial services. This role is also responsible for the sales and servicing of all credit union products and services, while focusing on building relationships and expanding TCU’s wallet share. Will float between designated service centers and provide support to multiple branch locations as needed.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
1. Maintains a high level of member service in accordance with the TCU Service Expectations.
2. This position will perform a broad variety of member service functions with accuracy and in a timely manner. These functions may include, but are not limited to, cash handling, financial transactions, account maintenance, opening new accounts, operating an ITM (Interactive Teller Machine) and supporting MCC (Member Contact Center)
3. Responsible for maintaining a high level of confidentiality about member account information.
4. Meets or exceeds established referral and sales goals, by listening for clues in conversations, asking open-ended questions, assisting with product promotions, or referring the member to the appropriate partner to address their need.
5. Assists in outbound call efforts by reviewing, updating and calling on prospect lists, following up with members and calling on call campaigns regularly.
6. May assume additional retail functions including, but not limited to drawer audits, member account maintenance, and vault duties.
7. Complies with the credit union Check Cashing, Cash Control and Transaction Approval Limits policies. For example, Reg CC, SAR, CTR, Check handling, Reg D, BSA and etc.
8. Volunteers for special projects within the scope of job responsibilities.
9. Responsible for problem solving through research, using open-ended questions, and consistent follow up to ensure member satisfaction.
10. Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager and as necessary for the continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union.
· Excellent human relation skills needed to interact with the membership in a professional environment including listening skills, and verbal/written communication
· Ability to proactively problem solve by demonstrating concern and empathy while seeking a solution that is in the best interest of the member and TCU.
· High level of TCU product knowledge with a full understanding of needs-based selling.
· Proficient cash handling skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced diverse and universal environment.
· Practical application and general understanding of various computer applications
· Ability to lift to 15 pounds at times due to coin bags and boxes of rolled coin.
· Responsible for using product knowledge to cross-sell and clearly communicate product features to staff and members.
· Must have a full understanding of needs-based selling, practice and use of Relationship Building with Conversations techniques in accordance with TCU’s Sales Process.
· Responsible for daily decisions made within established guidelines set by the supervisor/manager, meeting pay-for-performance goals and displaying a positive image of the Credit Union.
· Accountable for understanding and applying TCU policies and procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML, CIP and OFAC).
· Responsible for using all identified security precautions about cash, checks and account management.
· Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.Experience Required:
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
· Six months of retail sales and/or cash handling experience or equivalent experience within a financial institution or related field preferred.
To apply for this job please visit tcu.csod.com.