Website Teachers Credit Union
The Trainee essential responsibility is learning service enter operations, compliance, risk management, security, and operational controls while providing high quality member service and assisting members with financial needs building relationship while developing the skill to recommend the appropriate credit union products and services, with a goal of gaining knowledge and experience required to become a Service Center Manager for the credit union.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for assisting and supporting Service Center Management by acting as a service center leader actively participating in projects and events to promote and bring awareness to the credit union.
- Responsible for making quality decisions regarding deposits and loans while following all the proper procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for following established guidelines and procedures while processing new and existing accounts, IRAs, CDs, HSAs, loan applications, and all other basic lending functions.
- Responsible for complex problem solving through research, using open-ended questions, and consistent follow up to ensure member satisfaction.
- Responsible for individual performance goals and results as directed by the District Managers.
- Responsible for providing operational and member service assistance to the teller staff.
- Participate in continuing education as assigned.
- Responsible for floating-assisting multiple service centers within the credit union once the initial 4–6-month training period is completed.
- Assumes other miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned for the efficient operation of the service centers.
- Specific Skills must be attained during the training and development they are not a requirement at time of hire.
- Excellent human relations skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Clear understanding of TCU philosophy, vision and strategic objectives; as well as the ability to communicate it to others.
- Strong coaching, development and leadership skills and have a basic understanding of Human Resource practices.
- Strong background/understanding of service center operations, procedures, and security policies.
- Positive leader of change and foster open communication.
- Able to meet and exceed goals.
- Able to organize and prioritize daily tasks.
- General understanding of related computer applications.
- Personal lending limits may vary according to experience and the quality of loan decisions.
- Accountable for promoting Service Expectation, quality member service, protection of the Credit Union’s assets and a strong sales record.
- Is expected to participate in community service and TCU promotional events, which will foster their personal development and promote a positive image of the Credit Union in the community.
- Accountable for understanding and applying TCU policies and procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML, CIP and OFAC).
- Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.
- Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and
- TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
Must have a bachelor’s degree, or be a current college student with no more than 60 days from graduation.
Demonstrated leadership experience on the college campus or in the community as demonstrated by participation in student government, academic clubs, community involvement or internships.
To apply for this job please visit tcu.csod.com.