Website STAR Financial Bank
If you are searching for an employer that provides you with unlimited career growth and development opportunities, look no further! Learn how STAR Financial Bank strives to be the employer of choice in Indiana and truly defines OneTeam.
STAR Financial Bank is an Indiana-based community bank known for its culture of delivering quality service, personalized banking solutions and innovative use of technology for more than 75 years. We are proud to be a community bank in every aspect of the word. Beyond monetary giving and employee volunteerism, STAR is dedicated to partnering with the people and organizations that improve our communities. At every one of our locations, employees demonstrate their commitment to STAR and to our customers by honoring our core values of Honesty & Integrity, Accountability, Respect for All, Do What’s Right, Commitment to Lifelong Learning, Community Leadership, Being Progressive, Celebrating Success and Remaining Independent.
The Credit Loan Draw Administration Manager position is responsible for draw administration of STAR Bank’s CRE construction loans, focusing on risk management and customer service. This position will be required to know and apply loan policy and compliance requirements. This role will work directly with Commercial Bankers, Commercial Credit Officers, Customers, Prospects, Participant Banks and Third Parties including Lawyers, Title Companies, and Site Inspectors, to deliver our loan commitments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
As a Construction Loan Administration Manager, essential responsibilities include:
- Manage the administration of construction loan closings and processing of draw requests for investment and owner-occupied real estate.
- Closing Construction Loans.
- Partner with Banker and Loan Documentation Specialist to confirm that the construction loan agreement and all other related documents match approval and loan policy and procedures, and that all items on the Closing Checklist are received, reviewed and approved prior to the loan closing.
- Responsible for working with Customer and Banker on the collection of all construction loan due diligence items required prior to the loan closing and the review and approval of those items.
- Partner with the Customer and the Banker to ensure construction budget is completed correctly, and General Contractor contract has been received, reviewed and executed.
- Engage and work with third party inspectors, obtain and review preconstruction plan and cost review when applicable, and obtain and review ongoing monthly project inspections for all construction loans.
- Managing Construction Loan Draws:Responsible for managing and assisting with construction draw monitoring, including construction budget monitoring, change orders, invoices, lien waivers, title endorsements, site inspections, tenant improvements and builders’ risk insurance.
- Responsible for reviewing completed Draw Checklist and confirming the Bank’s system and Borrower’s documentation align.
- When STAR Bank is the lead bank on loans with one or more participants, responsible for sending construction draw requests and supporting documentation to participating banks and initiating funding pursuant to approved draws.
- When STAR Bank is a participant in a construction loan lead by another financial institution, responsible for reviewing draw requests from the Lead bank, processing requests and initiating funding pursuant to approved draws.
- Responsible for maintaining draw files.
- Responsible for maintaining and building a positive relationship with customers, prospects and third party vendors by having periodic calls and site visits.
- Proven leadership skills in team environment.
- Ability to interact with external and internal personnel using tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work under critical time constraints.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Thorough understanding of Construction Lending including loan closings, documentation, lien waivers, and third party services—title work, surveys, environmental, and construction budgets.
- Working knowledge of lending policies and compliance requirements.
- Thorough understanding of loan processing and tracking systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce policy and procedure documentation.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work produced.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
The Construction Loan Administration Manager position is included in a workplace model that allows for a combination of in-office and remote work.
Minimum of 5 years as Commercial Real Estate Loan Administrator
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.