Operations Manager-Full Time
Founded in 2003, GiGi’s Playhouse Inc.’s mission is to change the way the world views Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families, and the community. All programs are free and are therapeutic in nature. Each one of our programs is designed to work on specific skill development, including speech and language, literacy, socialization, and fine and gross motor skills. GiGi’s Playhouse currently has over 50 locations across North America and growing by several locations annually.
The Operations Manager is a goal-oriented, conscientious individual who uses sound judgment and effective management skills to manage all aspects of the Indianapolis Playhouse including overall office and financial management, family engagement, delivering internal and external communications, community outreach, and assisting with Playhouse events and fundraisers.
Reports To: Executive Director
Essential Job Functions:
Administrative / General (35%)
· Ensure record organization and becoming an expert in Salesforce (CRM)
· Implement and improve the financial strategy: donation processing, acknowledgements, expense tracking and closing financial books in partnership with the accountant
· Maintain a project log and wish list for ongoing improvement of Playhouse facility
· Work with Executive Director to ensure data is being tracked and reported as needed for grants
· Maintaining all volunteer, family, and donor profiles in Salesforce
· Attend monthly national network calls and respond appropriately to network-wide requirements from the National Office
Prepare and deliver all reports as directed such as Monthly Operations Reports and Family Engagement Reports
Outreach and Communications (25%)
· Maintain Playhouse website, social media, blog, and monthly newsletters
· Inform and inspire families, volunteers, donors, and other constituents by gathering and sharing pictures, news, events, volunteer needs, stories, etc.
· Strategically act to grow families/participant base, gain greater commitment from volunteers, and engage the community on behalf of GiGi’s
· Participate with community awareness events as assigned
Volunteer Management (20%)
· Conduct volunteer orientations at GiGi’s Playhouse Indianapolis
· Ensure all volunteer paperwork is complete and process background checks
· Work with staff and key program volunteers to ensure registration, scheduling, and required volunteers are in place for each semester
· Lead volunteer appreciation incentives
Program Management (20%)
· Support Program Manager and Playhouse Coordinators
· Maintain the Salesforce registration scheduler in cooperation with the Program Manager
· Manage communication to staff, volunteers, community partners, and families regarding programs at GiGi’s
· Recruit and train new volunteers to support our mission
· Purchase supplies to support overall Playhouse operations
GiGi’s also challenges all staff and volunteers to embody the following core values:
· Enthusiasm: Bringing positive, high energy to our work
· Best of All: Always looking to improve in all that we do. Challenge yourself every day.
· Get It Done: Making things happen and blasting through barriers when needed; figure it out.
· Believe: Believe in ourselves, believe in our mission, believe we can achieve all that we set out to achieve
· Locally Concerned, Enterprise Minded: Bringing our Best of All to our local GiGi’s while being mindful of how our work affects the broader GiGi’s network.
This is salaried position. A full benefits package is offered, including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Denisse Jensen, Executive Director, email@example.comExperience Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Experience working in finances or fundraising for a minimum of 3 years
· Experience with grants is a plus
Experience working in a nonprofit or social impact environment is a plus
· Experience training staff in database management, client services, and administrative processes
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org