Website Humane Society for Hamilton County
The purpose of a Customer Service Coordinator is to assist in managing our team of Customer Service Attendants in collaboration with the Customer Service Manager. The primary focus and expertise will be on providing an exceptional level of customer service to all patrons of HSHC, you must also have equal competency in animal welfare, both cats and dogs—including the understanding of local ordinances as well as adoption protocols and procedures.
Individuals in this role are responsible for ensuring the donors, supporters, adopters, and all other patrons of HSHC are served with exceptional customer service to provide oversight and manage the incoming and outgoing animals in HSHC’s care each day. Depending on the needs identified you should be able to multitasks in a quick manner to provide support in the area of intakes, adoptions, and front-line customer service. You will be responsible for the timely communication of any concerns to your manager as well as the appropriate department manager(s) to ensure immediate action is taken to address these concerns.
You will co-supervise, alongside the Customer Service Manager, your team’s interactions with customers for the purpose of approving animals for potential adopters and ensuring we place them in appropriate loving, forever homes. This includes training your team on all aspects of approving adoption applications and marketing our animals in a positive light, to the public according to our protocols, policies, level of customer service, and techniques used to properly match pets with people. This individual will also assist in training team members in providing proper education to patrons in regards to but not limited to, general animal welfare, proper pet ownership, guidance on stray animals, and lost and found pets.
This individual will work alongside the Customer Service Manager to provide continued coaching, guidance, motivation, conflict resolution and inspiration to the Customer Service Team. This individual is responsible for training both new and existing team members, as well as managing their work schedules as needed. As second in command, you will be responsible for stepping into your manager’s role when they are not on site to ensure a plan is in place, communicated to your team, and managed throughout the day, resulting in the successful completion of all daily tasks in a timely manner. You may be asked to participate in the both the hiring and disciplinary process for Customer Service Attendants, and you will be asked to provide feedback for your team’s annual performance reviews.Experience Required:
• Have a minimum of 3 years of experience demonstrating advanced customer service skills.
• Have a minimum of 3 years of experience managing/supervising others.
• Be Fear-Free Certified
• Have 2 years of animal welfare knowledge (in a veterinary clinic, shelter, or animal boarding setting).
• Be highly proficient using a computer including experience using Microsoft Office, email, and entering/searching for information in data management software such as Petpoint, Excel, or another equivalent database.
• Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. without health risk.
• Be able to perform physical activity (bend/stand/lift) for 8-10 hours a day.
• Be a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and initiative.
• Be able to multitask, problem-solve and prioritize appropriately.
• Be an excellent communicator—both written and verbal.
• Be comfortable navigating difficult and stressful situations that may require conflict resolution between employees and/or customers.
• Be able to pivot and react quickly to the unplanned challenges that often occur in our world each day.
• Be flexible to work some nights and weekends.
• Thrive in a fast-paced work environment where you are surrounded by the distractions of animal sounds, smells, and their respective allergens.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com